Please see below a sampling of our many projects.
Stonehill Development - Bacchus Marsh
Master planned development comprising 1600 residential allotments, shopping centre, school, assorted playgrounds and sporting fields.
Axiom Consulting Engineers have been appointed as the Civil Engineers on the multi-disciplined development team that comprises Town Planners, Urban Designers, Traffic Engineers, Landscape Architects, Licensed Surveyors, Geotechnical Engineers, Social Planners, Archeologists, Botanists, Arborists, and Ecologists.
Our input has included the formulation of Development Cost Estimates to assist with the land acquisition, the provision of Civil Engineering input into the Town Planning phase, and now undertaking detailed engineering design of the streets and services infrastructure as well as administering the civil construction activities.
Construction of the first stages, comprising 121 allotments, commenced at Stonehill in July 2011 with the first residents due to arrive in October 2012.
We are currently preparing to have construction works start on the next four stages as well as over seeing the construction of the wetland gully system that will provide stormwater management for the first 80 hectares of the development site.
>> Visit Website
Fussell Street Development, Ballarat East
50 lot residential development.
Axiom Consulting Engineers has been there from the beginning of the project (from the empty paddock).
• We developed a lot design (urban design);
• We completed development cost estimates;
• We prepared the planning application and managed the planning process;
• The planning process included liaison with:
- Services authorities such as DSE,
- Corangamite Catchment Management Authority
- Specialist consultants such as arborists, biologists, architect.
- We were provided the privilege of arguing the merits of our design at VCAT on two occasions. On both occasion the sitting VCAT member saw fit to approve the permit based on our adherence to the provisions of the Planning Scheme .
- Once the permit was issued we completed the detailed engineering design;
- We procured a landscape architect to undertake landscape design;
- Once that was approved we called tenders and selected a construction contractor;
- We oversaw the construction, in 2 stages, until the project was completed.
Coorabin Estate - Brown Hill
87 lot subdivision including a wetland area
Heales Street, Mount Pleasant
10 lot residential unit development.
Provision of Civil Engineering services in relation to design of concrete accessway, sewer mains extension, water main extention, retaining wall design.
These type of developments are challenging regardless of the number of units involved as they require a lot of infrastructure to be constructed within a confined space.
Retaining walls are often required to be constructed in these intense developments in order to save space on sloping sites that might otherwise be filled by earth embankments.
Another issue required to be addressed in these developments is on-site detention wherein the stormwater flows from the developed site are designed to mimick those of the predeveloped site.